Podcasts, Audiobooks, and Apps
There is no doubting that the technological explosion in recent years has created greater demand for audio content. Podcasts, Audiobooks, and Apps, have become the craze of the entire world. Often these require high-quality audio in the form of both music and speech. Crash Symphony Productions has been at the forefront of providing the necessary audio content for many e-learning entrepreneurs and companies all over the world.
How we can help
- Compose music for the podcast, Audiobook or App.
- Record the content at the highest quality
- Provide the appropriate program material for the device or software that you are working on.
- Provide detailed editing of speech and audio content
- Piece together all the elements of the project (music, intros/outros, chapters, core content, etc) into one uniform audio product.
- Master the product for the destination medium
- Provide guidance (if requested) on what methods work and don’t work within these kinds of tech project.
All We Need to Get Started is….
- Content for the Podcast audio.This can be provided on a written script or something that is spoken freely on the day of recording.
- Organise who will be speaking. We can help with this. If you aren’t doing the talking yourself we can recommend excellent voice-over talent or other companies that provide voice talent.
- All artwork that will be associated with the online media.
All of these different mediums require different processing and preparation for integration into the parent operating software. We can advise you of what your project will require and provide you with the necessary information to complete your project. Your audio content will be presented at the gold standard across all different devices and mediums.
Podcasts derive their name from “iPod” and “Broadcast”, hence, Podcast. They are more often composed of spoken word but can include music. They are episodic in nature and can be subscribed to or downloaded on to your home computer or a mobile device, like an iPhone or iPod. They are always in a digital medium and are streamed over the internet to the receiving device. Traditionally, podcasts have been free downloads. Podcasts can be streamed as audio, video, enhanced audio (includes images with the audio), ePublications, and even PDFs. Podcast Novels do exist, too. They are broadcasted as episodes rather than one full Audiobook.
As computer technology has been exponentially improving, our ability to store more and more data on smaller devices has also improved. This has paved the way for Audiobooks becoming more prevalent as a medium for novels. The Audiobook is simply a book being narrated in its entirety. As stated above, podcast novels differ from Audiobooks in that they are delivered in episodes. Audiobooks can be listened to from start to finish. They are perfect for people who need to do manual work, or drive, whilst listening to the book. They are also more attractive to people who find large books daunting to read. Our studio is ideal for the creation of Audiobooks. If you need talent to narrate we can help with this, too. For more information about Audiobooks click here.
Apps for smart phones, tablets, and even desktops, often require (like most software) an audio component. This may be as simple as a “beep” when a button is pressed or as complex as a musical score or spoken content. There has been a dramatic increase in the number of available apps online and, now that many people are developing their own apps, a demand for audio to be integrated into these apps. We have discovered the right methods and practices for preparing audio for all different kinds of apps that are on the market. Please feel free to give us a call regarding your app and what kind of audio is required.
Here are some examples: