Looking for the ultimate recording quality for your vocal? Contact us today!
James Englund – Founder and Head Producer of Crash Symphony Productions, (Music Producer & Audio Engineer)
James Englund is a Music Producer, Audio Engineer, Songwriter, and Performer from the beautiful North Shore of Sydney, Australia. He founded Crash Symphony Productions in 2005, a recording studio in Sydney specialising in high-definition voice recording and voice production.
James has worked alongside world renown artists such as:
- The John Butler Trio.
- Michael Bolton.
- Conducted The Late Show Gospel Choir, at Avatar Studios in New York City.
- Grammy award-winning bass player – Toni Levins.
- New Age composer and pianist – Fiona Joy Hawkins
- Co-Producing Pre-album demos with Erika Heynatz.
- Co-writing with Diana Corcoran for her US Album.
- Co-produced Fiona Joy Hawkins’ Grammy nominated album “Signature – Synchronicity” with William Akerman at Imaginary road studios in Vermont, New England, USA.
Audio Engineers & Music Producers:
- Multi-grammy award-winning Audio Engineer – Michael Brauer
- Windham Hill founder and Music Producer – Will Ackerman
- Michael Brauer, (multi-award-winning New York-based Audio Engineer.)
- Produced an album alongside Audio Engineer, Michael Stavrou.
- Sound Engineered for Stewart & Sons Pianos.
- Millionaire Mindset Club
- Pat Mesiti
- Amanda Gore
- Siimon Reynolds
- Mark Victor Hansen
- Willie Jollie
- Peter J Daniels
- Alan Pease
- Kirsty Spraggon
And many more!
James Englund began his tertiary education in Aerospace engineering at the University of New South Wales. He is a graduate of a Science degree in Physics and a secondary major in Music.
James has combined his advanced technical knowledge to become a leading expert Audio Engineer who custom builds his own analogue equipment for the recording studio. He received his Audio Engineering Technical Diploma in 2008 from The School of Audio Engineering (SAE) in Sydney.
James Englund has an extensive musical background as a multi-instrumentalist. He plays Guitar, Bass, Piano, Saxophone, Drums and is a professional singer. He is also a composer and orchestrator who was signed as a songwriter to Shock Music Publishing in 2004.
James eventually established his own music publishing company in 2012, Crash Symphony Music Publishing. He created the first audio engineering education and music studio-tool app, Audio Engineer, in 2011. James has been performing regularly throughout Sydney and New South Wales since high school.
He is a licensed aerobatic pilot and his hobbies include photography and travelling.
How Crash Symphony Productions Became The Recording Studio it is today
Crash Symphony was originally a 4 piece rock band. Stewart Havill was their Audio Engineer. The band was formed in the early 2000’s by Steve Iuliano and James Englund when they met studying music at the University of New South Wales. The original band lineup was:
- James Englund – Guitar / vocals
- Steve Iuliano – Keyboard / saxophone.
- Matt Tennikoff – Electric Bass
- Josh Issac – Drummer
After Crash Symphony released their first album in 2004, they were signed by Shock Music Publishing in 2004. When the 4-piece broke up Crash Symphony continued on as a duo – James Englund and Steve Iuliano. They created Crash Symphony Productions to record their second album and it became the recording studio that it is today.
In 2008 the band went on tour in America. When they returned to Australia the duo decided to focus on the recording studio and Crash Symphony Productions continues operating today.
James Englund built and funded Crash Symphony Productions by selling his own CDs at music gigs. Through the sale of his own CDs he became known in Sydney’s singer-songwriter music scene and began recording demo tapes for other bands and solo artists in the recording studio. This is how he became a Music Producer.
James’ Music Producer career excelled when a prominent Sydney based public speaker began using his recording studio for his voice recordings. James was then introduced to many more successful public speakers from around the world, which paved the way for his studio to focus on Voice Recording.
Through recording public speakers he perfected the art of editing and tracking voice recordings.
Today, James trains aspiring Music Producers in his recording studio Crash Symphony Productions.
- James has appeared in the highly acclaimed Australian TV show “Underbelly: A Tale of Two Cities” in 2009, playing the lead singer of the band “Dragon”.
- In 2011, James founded Crash Symphony Music Publishing Pty Ltd where he has published some of his clients work as well as his own compositions. Crash Symphony Music Publishing Pty Ltd is involved in partnerships worldwide.
- In 2011, James released an iPhone app called “Audio Engineer” teaching users the art of Audio Engineering. It received great reviews on iTunes.
The Best Recording Studio in Sydney
I think James is one of the most creative, clever and generous people i have met. He is helpful, listens and allowed us to share some of his unique compilations with the video that we released. He is GREAT value!
Crash Symphony Productions specialises in high-definition high-end voice recording. All of the sound engineering equipment is designed and chosen with this purpose in mind.
Since the inception of Crash Symphony Productions, the primary focus of sound engineering has been on high quality HD voice recordings, making Crash Symphony Productions the best recording studio for voice production in Sydney, Australia. Please contact James Englund for a free in-studio consultation today.
Working with us means working with the best.
Session singer and Admin