Voice Over Sydney: How to run a successful session Part III
Voice over Sydney: Other things to consider
There are many factors to running a voice over sydney session that could cause delays. Clients don’t like delays because time is money. They are usually paying by the hour. Here are a few things to look out for.
- Make sure that the script is ready and the client has emailed the script or has brought it to the session printed out and ready to go. The best idea is to have the client email it to you and to print it out for yourself and for the voice over talent. Always ensure that the script has been printed in a large font that is easily readable for the voice over Sydney talent. This can help reduce the number of takes required because the voice over Sydney talent can easily read the script.
- Ensure there is enough disk space on the computer to record the session. The last thing you want to be doing during the session is wasting time freeing up disk space so you can continue.
- Make sure you visit the bathroom before the session, you don’t want to be running to the bathroom in the middle of the session if it can be avoided.
- Be relaxed but hussle a bit. Get the job done. Don’t sit around making too much conversation with the client or the voice over sydney artist. Find a balance on this one.
- If it is a long session and the voice over sydney artist has been in the booth for a long time they can get tired and the error rate can go up. This is a good time to take a 10-15 minute break and have some water and perhaps a bite to eat.